Americans spend nearly $4 billion on flowers and candy for Valentine’s Day. This year, we’re making it easy and combining those floral and chocolate themes with cocktails to impress your special someone.
Here are five romantic, sweet Valentine’s Day cocktail ideas to celebrate love:
– My Sharona: This red cocktail is sweet in color but tart in flavor. White rum, lemon juice, and ginger beer add some fruity notes, and the muddled raspberries provide a touch of romance. See recipe
– Grapefruit-Elderflower Sparkler: Bubbly with a blush-colored hue, this cocktail is a little tangy with the grapefruit juice, and a little floral thanks to the elderflower liqueur. See recipe
– Chocolate-covered strawberry shots: Not quite a cocktail, but too good to pass up. Carve out the inside of a strawberry and dip it in chocolate. Then, fill the inside with a boozy, chocolate-y bite. See recipe
– Rasmopolitan: This fruity cocktail is a perfect combination of the traditional cosmopolitan with raspberry and citrus flavors. Chambord, cranberry juice, and flavored vodkas are sure to impress. See recipe
– Lavender Champagne: Light and refreshing, this beautiful lavender-infused champagne is perfect to celebrate someone special. See recipe
Photo credit: ericasweettooth.com